Thursday, March 5, 2015

Why ANOTHER blog and why the pretentious title?

Simply put, this blog is an attempt to express theological thoughts and insights in a brief and concise manner.  The purpose is twofold: for the sake of the reader and good practice for myself.

With regards to the reader: there are many many great blogs out there.  However, many contain lengthy posts.  I am not against reading lengthy theological insights; on the contrary, I am quite edified by them.  Typically, however, if I am going to read something like that, I want it to be from the pen of an old, dead, seasoned theologian like John OwenJonathan Edwards, or one of the Protestant Reformers, not a blogger (no offense brothers).  However, I do pray this spurs you on to read Owen and/or other men like him (this dude, or this dude, and of course this dude that everyone loves).

With regards to myself: my wife will be the first to tell you that I tend to be long-winded.  Therefore, this blog is a disciplined way to grow in expressing biblical thought in a concise and precise manner.  And since I cut my theological teeth on guys who are the opposite of concise, the name "Pithy Puritanism" seemed to fit ("pithy" is another word for brief or concise).

So I pray this be edifying for you and sanctifying for me.  Grace and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment